Begin in a kneeling position, behind your marked starting line, with toes pointing behind you. Use your full body to leap forward, landing stood up on both feet.
Arctic Games Challenge
- Tape or pylons as a starting line
- Measuring tape
- String, a kickable object, a person or open doorway
- Try reaching your distance jumped, but instead, hopping from a plank position.
- Jump beyond the length of your own height
Suspend a target from a string away from a wall or unsafe objects, OR, ask someone to hold this object out for you at a safe distance without getting kicked. Take off from both feet, kick the suspended target with one foot, and land on the same foot you kicked at that target without losing your balance.
- Two-Foot-High-Kick – Take off from both feet, kick the target with both feet, and land standing up on both feet without losing your balance
- Attempt an Alaskan high-kick
Mark a release or starting line. Swing and let go of a long smooth object so it slides across the floor/snow-ground surface from the release point as far as you can possibly make it go.
- Try to beat each previous attempt.
- Draw your own snow snake design!
- Build your own snow snake track