Prepare to start by beginning in an active stance with the ball in your dominant hand. You have one full minute to bounce the ball as many times as you can using each hand! It’s your choice whether to alternate hands (Count 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, etc.) at one time for a full minute, or to stick with your dominant hand first before switching to the opposite hand at the 30 second halfway mark.
- A basketball (or something you can use as a ‘ball’, could be a ball of paper, a tennis ball, a ‘sock’ ball, anything you have on hand)
- Basketball net with or without a backboard (or anything you can use to shoot into, like a laundry basket, garbage can, bucket, or pail)
- Can you match your best score… blindfolded?!
- Can you match your best score while dribbling between alternating leg lunges?
Take ten (10) individual shots from different spots ranging from 10-15 feet away from the basket. No repeat shot spots! Each shot spot must be different than the last. Check how your shooting percentage may range. Submit your best shooting percentage!
- 10-30%: 1-3 Shot(s) made – Try again!
- 40-70%: 4-7 Shots made (including if bounced off the Rim)
- 80-100%: 8-10 Shot(s) made – Great job!
- WITH an actual basketball net: Can you match your best shooting percentage from a seated position?
- WITHOUT an actual basketball net: Can you match your best shooting percentage by placing your “basket” at a different height?
- Make a successful trick shot! (Ideas: shoot backwards, or off the wall and in!)
Place two buckets 15 feet apart. Bucket ‘A’ will be filled with 5 sock bundles. Your mission is to transport each item from Bucket ‘A’ into Bucket ‘B’ while bouncing the ball in one hand. Once you are done that, return all items from Bucket ‘B’ back to Bucket ‘A’ while still bouncing the ball.
- Try and complete the challenge within 1 minute
- Can you dribble one direction using your dominant hand and return using the opposite hand to complete this task?
- Discover the furthest distance possible between buckets that you can complete this task for, within one minute.